NEW HOLLAND WINS FIVE ASABE AE50 AWARDS FOR 2018
American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers (ASABE) has named five of New Holland Agriculture’s most recent technological advancements as recipients of 2018 AE50 awards. The AE50 awards honor the year’s most innovative designs in engineering products or systems for the food and agriculture industries. The Dynamic Command™ transmission for T6 series tractors, the CustomSteer™ feature for select T6 and T7 tractors, the IntelliTurn™ end of row turning automation feature, the Optispread Plus™ residue management system for CR combines, and the Guardian™ SP310F high clearance self-propelled front boom sprayer are this year’s winners.
“The New Holland brand strives to provide practical innovations to help our customers operate at the highest levels of productivity and efficiency, and these five AE50 award-winning products truly embody that concept,” said Bret Lieberman, Vice President for New Holland North America. “I am proud of the New Holland Agriculture team here in the United States and around the world for their ability to continue to deliver products and technologies that are honored with the AE50 distinction from ASABE, and we look forward to continue to perform at this level in the future.”
• The Dynamic Command™ is a 24 x 24 semi-powershift dual clutch transmission available for T6 series 4-cylinder tractors – an industry-exclusive for tractors in the 95 to 120 PTO horsepower range. By providing 8 gears in 3 ranges, the speed overlap between the ranges has been designed to allow operators to select the most suitable for their application and remain within that range until the task in completed, with no disruption in power to the ground. There is also a dedicated clutch for forward and reverse, ensuring a controlled power shuttle, even on steep hills.
Both the speed overlap and the dedicated forward/reverse shuttle clutch features create more comfortable working environment for the operator while using less fuel. The combination of all of these features allows the operator to work comfortably with the minimum amount of input and provide best in class performance and productivity.
• CustomSteer™, a new optional feature for T6 and T7 series tractors that reduces the numbers of turns of the steering wheel required by the operator. CustomSteer makes maneuvering the tractor while loading easier and less repetitive, just one rotation of the steering wheel can turn the steering fully from left to right while still maintaining precise control.
• IntelliTurn™ end-of-row turning automation raises the bar for in-field efficiency by executing end-of-row turns on behalf of the operator in even the most challenging field shapes. Since its introduction, IntelliTurn has been recognized for its industry-leading adaptability, working in all field types at varying speeds to improve productivity and reduce operator fatigue. IntelliTurn is a technology born from the NHDRIVE concept autonomous tractor, and has been proven to be a highly valuable feature for customers today. It is currently available on T6, T7, T8, and T9 tractors, with plans to roll out to additional products in the future.
• Optispread Plus™ residue management system for New Holland CR combines provides an improved residue spreading solution to combine operators, delivering excellent chopping performance and even spreading of the residue over the width of current and future combine headers. The patented system provides four main benefits to New Holland customers. First, it finely chops residue, allowing it to decompose and fertilize fields more quickly than previous and competitive systems. Second, it provides an even distribution of residue, reducing potential yield loss. Third, it spreads the residue across the entire width of the combine head. And finally, all these features are made possible via in-cab adjustments, allowing the operator to easily select spreading width, spreading pattern, and wind compensation without having to leave his seat.
• The Guardian SP310F high clearance self-propelled front boom sprayer is the first model that was engineered and built as a result of New Holland’s acquisition of the Miller-St. Nazianz company. Boasting an industry-leading crop clearance of up to 78 inches, the Guardian SP310F was designed to give operators the flexibility to spray effectively in all crops and during all stages of crop growth – from short beans to late-season corn. To further enhance productivity, the suspension can be adjusted in the cab from 72 to 78 inches, depending on the needs of the operator. It also features a completely redesigned suspension, an FPT engine, a newly designed cab, and even weight distribution to reduce soil compaction and maintain traction.
Companies from around the world submit entries to ASABE’s annual AE50 competition and up to 50 of the best products are chosen by a panel of international engineering experts. The judges select innovative products that will best advance engineering for the food and agriculture industries.
Each of the five New Holland winners will be featured in the January/February 2018 special issue of ASABE’s magazine Resource: Engineering & Technology for a Sustainable World, a magazine geared to agricultural, biological and food system engineers worldwide, produced by ASABE.